Sunday, December 21, 2014

Tones for the Holidays



Charlie Brown: [Charlie Brown and Linus stop at a wall on their trip to the pond for ice skating] I think there must be something wrong with me, Linus. Christmas is coming, but I'm not happy. I don't feel the way I'm supposed to feel.

[begins to walk with Linus again]
Charlie Brown: I just don't understand Christmas, I guess. I like getting presents and sending Christmas cards and decorating trees and all that, but I'm still not happy. I always end up feeling depressed.
Linus Van Pelt: Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest

When I'm worried and I can't sleep

I count my blessings instead of sheep....


I fall asleep counting my blessings.





I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads

And one by one I count them

As they slumber in their beds.






If you're worried and you can't sleep

Just count your blessings instead of sheep

And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings.
****
Cole Porter


 The cares and concerns, the wear and the worries, the sins of omission and commission seem to melt away like a marshmallow in hot chocolate.  The concert is over; good will hangs in the air with the last chords.  We have what we came for: tradition and frivolity, solemnity and jollity, the familiar old and the familiar new, wrapped in red velvet and silver foil and tagged, 
"Merry Christmas to all,
 And to all a Good Night!"
I'll  be home for Christmas
You can count on me..

Please have snow...and mistletoe..
and presents under the tree.

Christmas Eve will find me
where the love light gleams.


I'll be home for Christmas...
if only in my dreams.
*****
(Kent, Gannon)




No comments:

Post a Comment