Thursday, October 16, 2014

Overflowing





Got no butler, got no maid
Still I think I've been overpaid
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night
-I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night
Got no silver, got no gold
What I got can't be bought or sold
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night
-I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night
Sunshine gives me a lovely day
Moonlight gives me the Milky Way
Got no heirlooms for my kin
Made no will but when I cash in
I leave the sun in the morning and the moon at night
And with the sun in the morning
And the moon in the evening they're all right


Irving Berlin

"Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over......"


Luke 6


Too much fun!

Overflowing!




Too spontaneous?
Too full?


Too colorful?


Too happy?

Too productive?

Too summery?

Too bountiful?

Too playful?



Too rainy?


Too home grown?

Too much excitement?

When I think about birthdays, I think of Luke 6....how all the blessings heap up, cascade, pour out, are gathered in blessed spontaneous glorious disarray, so bountiful, I cannot measure or name them all.

I say...let us count blessings instead of candles!  
Especially if your cake looks more like this:
Too many?
Not nearly enough!

than this!


1 comment:

  1. I do believe you missed "too cute" as those kids of yours are absolutely adorable. :) Thank you for linking up to the Country Fair Blog Party this month.

    ReplyDelete